murder trial

14 Results / Page 1 of 2

News

DJ Warras murder case delayed again as Majola’s legal fees threaten trial

A dispute over legal fees has led to yet another postponement in the murder trial of, Victor Majola, who is accused of masterminding the murder of media personality, Warrick 'DJ Warras' Stock. Majola’s lawyer, Piet Du Plessis, told the Johannesburg High Court on Wednesday that his firm has so far acted only in an advisory capacity and has not received the financial backing needed to commit to a trial expected […]

todayAugust 19, 2026 18

News

Senzo Meyiwa Trial | Defence witness gives conflicting evidence

Defence witness, Qiniselani Buthelezi, has given evidence that appears to contradict accused number three, Mthobisi Mncube's, over where a photograph presented in the Senzo Meyiwa murder trial was taken. Buthelezi testified on Monday after initially indicating that he no longer wished to take the stand, claiming his statement was not drafted by him and that he should not be held responsible for its contents. After consulting an independent Legal Aid […]

todayJuly 20, 2026 206

News

DJ Warras murder trial to be enrolled in High Court next month

The murder case of media personality, Warrick "DJ Warras" Stock, has moved a step closer to trial, with the Johannesburg High Court postponing the matter to 24 July for a pre-trial conference ahead of its formal enrolment. The postponement was granted on Wednesday after both the State and defence agreed that further preparations were needed before trial proceedings could begin. Stock was shot and killed near the Carlton Centre in […]

todayJune 18, 2026 82

News

Buthelezi pleads not guilty, claims memory loss in Keppler’s murder

Former police constable, Mandla Buthelezi, has pleaded not guilty to all charges relating to the murder of Gauteng traffic warden, Chesney Keppler, telling the Johannesburg High Court he has no recollection of the night the 22-year-old was killed. In a Section 115 plea explanation read by his attorney, Sphamandla Madinane, Buthelezi said he spent Christmas Day in 2024 drinking alcohol at a car wash before attending a Christmas party in […]

todayJune 11, 2026 139

News

Keppler family hopes for closure as accused killer proposes surprise plea deal

After nearly 18 months of delays, the family of murdered Gauteng traffic warden, Chesney Keppler, says it hopes the case will finally reach a conclusion following an unexpected plea proposal from the man accused of killing her. The murder trial of former police constable, Mandla Buthelezi, took a dramatic turn in the Johannesburg High Court on Tuesday when the defence proposed a plea agreement before a single witness could testify. […]

todayJune 9, 2026 91

News

Buthelezi murder trial delayed again as State cites witness unavailability

The murder trial of former police constable, Mandla Buthelezi, who is accused of killing Gauteng traffic warden, Chesney Keppler, has been postponed once again after the State informed the Johannesburg High Court that key witnesses were not yet available to testify. The matter was expected to finally get underway on Monday following a series of delays, including an April postponement after Buthelezi's legal representative was hospitalised following a motor vehicle […]

todayJune 8, 2026 102

News

Mahungela trial delayed again as State warns defence over more postponements

    The murder trial of 23-year-old, Bafana Mahungela, has been delayed once again in the Johannesburg High Court, despite both the State and defence indicating they could be ready to proceed next week. Mahungela is accused of murdering Johannesburg teacher, Kirsten Kluyts, whose body was discovered near George Lea Park in Parkmore in October 2023 after she participated in a MyRun event. The matter returned to court on Thursday, […]

todayMay 14, 2026 155

News

Mahungela trial postponed again over health concerns, missing transcripts

The murder trial of 23-year-old, Bafana Mahungela, has been postponed once again in the Johannesburg High Court due to outstanding court transcripts and concerns around the accused’s health. Mahungela is accused of murdering Johannesburg teacher, Kirsten Kluyts, whose body was discovered near George Lea Park in Parkmore after she participated in a MyRun event in October 2023. Proceedings were delayed after his Legal Aid representative informed the court that the […]

todayMay 12, 2026 109

News

Mahungela murder trial delayed again over outstanding court transcripts

The murder trial of 23-year-old, Bafana Mahungela, has once again been postponed in the Johannesburg High Court due to outstanding court transcripts and ongoing consultations between the defence and the accused. Mahungela appeared in court on Monday, where he stands accused of the murder of Johannesburg teacher, Kirsten Kluyts. Her body was discovered near George Lea Park in Parkmore after she participated in an athletics event in 2023. During the […]

todayMay 11, 2026 248