
Former Proteas skipper, Quinton de Kock, has reversed his retirement from ODI cricket and has been named in both ODI and T20I squads for South Africa’s upcoming tour of Pakistan in October, as well as the one-off T20I in Namibia.
De Kock initially stepped away from ODI’s following the 2023 Cricket World Cup. His last appearance for South Africa in limited-overs cricket came during the 2024 T20 World Cup final in the West Indies.
Proteas coach, Shukri Conrad, says he had a conversation with de Kock, during which the veteran wicketkeeper-batter expressed his renewed commitment to the national side.
“Quinton’s return to the white-ball space is a major boost for us,” Conrad said. “When we spoke last month about his future, it was clear that he still has a strong ambition to represent his country. Everyone knows the quality he brings to the side, and having him back can only benefit the team.”
De Kock boasts an impressive international record, having scored 6,770 runs in 155 ODIs at an average of 45.74 and a strike rate of 96.64. In 92 T20Is, he has amassed 2,584 runs at a strike rate of 138.32.
The South African Men’s selection panel has named the squads for the upcoming all-format tour of Pakistan as well as the one-off T20 International (T20I) against Namibia.
The Proteas will begin their defence of the ICC World Test Championship Mace with a two-match Test series… pic.twitter.com/0jOOgSpsCv
— Proteas Men (@ProteasMenCSA) September 22, 2025
Written by: Ntsako Mukhari
Written by: Nonhlanhla Harris
odi Pakistan tour Proteas Quinton de Kock T20I
12:00 am - 2:00 am
2:00 am - 6:00 am
6:00 am - 10:00 am
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
COPYRIGHT 2023