News

Nehawu investigating alleged abuse of disabled boy in KZN

todayOctober 2, 2023 36

Background
share close
The National Education Health and Allied Workers Union (Nehawu) in KwaZulu-Natal says it has launched its own investigation into the violent assault of disabled boy by security officers at Ladysmith provincial hospital.
This after a video of the two men assaulting the boy in his hospital bed went viral on social media, causing massive outrage.

The security officials involved in the scandal have now been fired, while the nurses who were on duty when the incident happened are being subjected to a disciplinary hearing.

KZN Provincial Deputy Secretary, Ntokozo Nxumalo, has expressed shock over the incident.
Nxumalo says they want to find out what could of lead to their violent behaviour.

It is believed the incident took place last week Thursday and was only brought to the attention of hospital management on Friday.

Some South Africans are calling for the two security guards to be criminally charged.

Written by: Nokwazi Qumbisa

Rate it

0%