Win a R5000 voucher with Makro and YFM
Written by YFM on 7th Feb 2020
Getting back to varsity is never easy, but this year, YFM and Makro have your back with the Back to Varsity competition. You could be rewarded with a R5000 Makro voucher to help you get what you need to succeed. Whether you’re shopping for stationery or groceries or tech devices or study furniture, you’ll find it at Makro!
Winning is easy. Register your details below and tell us about your varsity and the courses you’ll be taking this year.
Then tune in to Y Mornings with DJ Ankletap from Monday 10 to Friday 14 February 2020 to see if you’re the winner of a R5000 Makro voucher.
Get back to varsity with YFM and Makro.
Shop on makro.co.za
Save money. Live better.
Ts and Cs apply.
This competition is now closed.
MAKRO COMPETITION RULES
Back to Varsity –YFM COMPETITION
Part A: General Terms and Conditions
The promoters to this competition are Masstores (Pty) Limited, trading as Makro SA registration number: 1991/006805/07) (“Makro”) and Yired (Pty) Ltd trading as YFM (registration number: 1996/014304/07) (“YFM”) (‘the Promoter/s’).
2. Who may enter:
- Entry into this competition is valid once you register your details on the YFM website www.yfm.co.za or YFM App and tell us which varsity or college you will be attending and which course you have signed up for within the campaign dates.
- This competition is open only to you if you are a permanent resident and citizen of South Africa, are over the age of 18 years, in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (“natural person”) and excludes any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter/s and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter/s, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies.
2.2 The prize will only be awarded:
2.2.1 to a natural person as stipulated in these rules and will not be awarded to any legal entity;
2.2.2 if it is not unlawful to supply the prize to a person in terms of any legislation or public regulation and the Promoter/s reserve the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply a prize (for example to request the winner of a TV to provide his/her TV license to the Promoter/s before they can hand over the prize).
3. Agreement and amendments to these terms and conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter/s, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
- The Promoter/s reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
4. Competition Period
This competition commences on 10 February 2020 and ends on 23 February 2020 (both days inclusive).
5.1 The Prize/s is/are: 1 of 5 R5000 Makro Gift Vouchers
5.2You agree and understand that you stand a chance to win a prize only and that there is no guarantee that you will receive a prize.
5.3The Prize/s is/are not transferable by you and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
5.4 The Promoter/s reserve the right to substitute the Prize with any other gift of comparable commercial value.
5.5 Although the Promoter/s have taken care to make sure that the prize/s is/are of a good quality, they do not give any warranties about the prize/s and you agree to accept the prize/s “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify the Promoter/s against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s or this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
5.6 Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize/s are for the winner’s own account. The Promoter’s and its affiliates, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner/s may incur as a result of their acceptance and/ or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
5.7 To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and the Promoter/s will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
5.8 The value of the prize includes VAT, and the prize will be given to the winner at the ruling price which is available to any customer on the day that they are rung up at the till.
- How to enter:
6.1 You will be eligible to enter the competition when you register your details on the YFM website or YFM App and tell us which varsity or college you will be attending and which course you have signed up for
6.2 There will be only one entry by you
7.1 There will be 5 winners drawn by YFM Digital Managers live on air from all entries during YMornings at 07h20
7.2 The winner/s will be randomly selected from eligible entrants for the relevant competition period.
7.3 In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must not have issued dishonoured cheques, or have overdue payments due to Makro at the time of the competition draw. You must not have committed any act of fraud or other criminal act against the Promoters.
7.4 The winner/s name, card number and town/city will be published on the Makro website and other media. The winner/s may also be required to have their image published and/or to participate in marketing activities, but the winner/s may refuse either of these if they so wish.
- Accuracy of information
8.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that of all information provided by or on behalf of you to Makro is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
8.2 Makro will notify a winner of the prize by contacting the winner using the contact details supplied to it by or on behalf of the winner. Where Makro cannot reach a winner at the details supplied by them, Makro will be excused and legally relieved of the duty to provide such notification and may at its discretion re-draw a new winner.
- Collection of the Prize
9.1 The winner/s of the prize/s must collect their prize/s from a Makro store, at a time arranged with the Makro representative, within two (2) months of being notified, failing which they will forfeit the prizes, and in which event, Makro reserves the right to re-draw a new winner.
9.2 Makro accepts no liability for any further and or additional costs and/or expenses in relation to delivery of the prize, and the winner indemnifies Makro, its Directors, employees, shareholders and agents against any claim of whatsoever nature howsoever arising.
In the event of a dispute, the decision of the competition judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Rejection or Forfeiture of Prize
If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prizes, or if they refuse to sign the Promoter/s winner/s declaration or the Promoter/s winner/s prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which the Promoter/s may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- Gift card of Voucher prizes
Where the prize is a Makro gift card or voucher, if the gift card or voucher is misplaced or lost and subsequently used by someone other than the winner, the Promoter/s will not replace the gift card or voucher and the winner will bear such loss. These gift cards or vouchers will be subject to all the normal terms and conditions relating to the usage of gift cards or vouchers in Makro stores, which can be obtained from www.makro.co.za.
- Winner Rules
The winner will forfeit their prize in the event that he/she fails to comply with the Promoter/s requirements within the time period provided to you by the Promoter in order for the Promoter to process the prize.
Beware of bogus callers and SMS notifications that say you have won with either of the Promoters. Here is how you can check for bogus notifications:
- You will NEVER be contacted by SMS if you are a winner.
- Unless pre-arranged with you, YFM representatives will NEVER come to your office or home to say you are a winner or to deliver a prize.
- The ONLY prize collection points from YFM is from the reception area of YFM, Dunkeld Crescent South West Block, 4 Albury Road, Dunkeld West ext 8, Sandton, 2196 or a Makro store. Please NEVER agree to collect a prize from ANYWHERE else. Under exceptional circumstances and with management approval, prizes will be couriered to winners who live outside of a 50km radius of the YFM offices or a Makro store.
- If anyone phones to say you have won a prize in a YFM & Makro competition, make sure you entered it! If anyone calls to say you hav won a competition you never entered with the Promoters, it is NOT one of our representatives.
- Our representatives will be able to quote you your identity number. If in ANY doubt, ask the caller for their name and the YFM or Makro switchboard number and phone the caller back. Any number other than 011 772 0800 or 011 797 0000 means the caller is trying to trick you. If in doubt, you can call Themba on 011 797 0162 (Makro), Amu on 011 772 0828 or Yondela on 011 772 0824 (YFM).
- If you are concerned that a bogus caller has contacted you, please store the number of the caller (if you have caller ID) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.