Win one of two scholarships with Boston Media House and YFM
Written by YFM on 24th Jan 2022
Do what you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life! 🙂
If you’re ready to take the media industry by storm, Boston Media House and YFM want to give you the opportunity of a lifetime!
How does a scholarship worth R180 000, towards a full three-year Media Studies diploma sound?
How about a Soul Candi digital composition and production scholarship worth R30 000?
Choose which of the two you want to enter and submit your Matric results.
- If you’re entering the competition for a Media Studies diploma, record a clip of a radio link, upload it to WeTransfer or Google Drive, and share that with us in the entry form…
- If you’re entering the Soul Candi competition, record a music mix, upload it to WeTransfer or Google Drive and share that with us in the entry form…
May the best applicant win!
Boston Media House…
Connect, create, express!
Entry form for a full three-year Media Studies diploma, with a scholarship worth R180 000
(for Soul Candi, scroll down and use the second form)
This competition is now closed.
Entry form for Soul Candi digital composition and production scholarship worth R30 000
This competition is now closed.
Terms and Conditions
Below are the standard terms and conditions applicable to the Boston Awards of Excellence (Diploma and Soul Candi) campaign which will be hosted on YFM
- By entering this competition the entrant allows YFM to share their personal information provided with Boston Media House
- The Boston Award of Excellence competition runs on YFM from the 18 January 2022 until the 6 February 2022
- YFM and Boston are giving away two different Awards of Excellence
- Diploma Giveaway
Listeners will need to upload a copy of their Matric results as well as a recorded radio link, to stand in line to win a Boston Award of Excellence to the value of R180 000. YFM producers will vet all entries and select the Top 10 with the highest Matric results received with articulate radio links.
A panel of judges from Boston Media House and YFM will go through a review process of the Top 10 and a winner will be selected.
The winner will be announced during The Lady on Drive with Khutso Theledi on the 8th February 2022.
- Soul Candi Giveaway
Listeners will need to upload their matric results and a recorded music mix to stand in line to win a Soul Candi bursary for Digital Music Composition & Production to the value of R30 000.
YFM producers will vet all entries and select the Top 3 with the highest matric results received with the best music mix.
A panel of judges from Boston Media House will review the entries and select a final winner.
YTKO DJ Candii will announce the winner after her YTKO mix on Friday 11th February 2022.
- The Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) is not transferable to any third party.
- This Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) award is only redeemable at Boston Media house SANDTON.
- The Award of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) may not be redeemed for cash.
- Registration fees, external fees, travel costs and stationery expenses are not covered by the Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi).
- Should you select a qualification that has fees higher than the value of the Awards of Excellence, (Diploma or Soul Candi) the balance of fees remain for your account.
- The Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) cannot be used towards existing outstanding fees at Boston City Campus or Boston Media House.
- The Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) will only be activated on producing a copy of the Awards of Excellence award letter issued by Boston Medoia House and an ID Document/Driver’s License at time of registration.
- Registration and activation of the Award of Excellence(Diploma or Soul Candi) must be completed no later than 2022-02-30.
- In the event of poor academic performance, the cost of repeating a module/s will be for the student.
- The beneficiary of this Awards of Excellence (Diploma or Soul Candi) will forfeit the award if found to be in any contravention of the rules and regulations of the institution contained in the Registration Contract’s Terms and Conditions and the Annual Student Rulebook.
- No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM within 60 days of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM.
- The station’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No director of Yired (Pty) Ltd, Boston Media House, employee at YFM , Boston Media House and/or their agencies, and members of their immediate family; nor members may enter this competition on YFM.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- Entrants below the age of 18 (eighteen) should obtain their parents’ or guardian’s consent before entering the competition.
- By participating in any competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM, where entry is on-line, participants further agree to be bound by our Internet Terms & Conditions.
- Boston Media House and YFM are not liable for any loss or damages that may occur as a result of entering or participating in the competition.