TymeBank wants to reward you!
Written by YFM on 3rd Jun 2019
New bank on the block, TymeBank is digitally smart and coming at you with NO MONTHLY FEES.
TymeBank’s majority shareholder is African Rainbow Capital, a fully black-owned and controlled investment company, making TymeBank the first majority black-owned retail bank in South Africa.
Constantly looking for ways to empower South Africans to take back control of their money, TymeBank aims to help its bankers understand how money really works and to give them a transparent view of their own financial situation. Ultimately, they want to make it easier for customers to make decisions today that translate into a secure financial future.
That’s why it takes only up to five minutes to open a bank account at a local Pick n Pay or Boxer and thereafter you can enjoy your no monthly fee account and be money-wise like DJ Ankletap. Or, open your account on TymeBank’s website right now and simply collect your card at a kiosk in store.
Here’s how to win!
ENTER the #TymeBankBag competition below to WIN your share of R60 000.
Every day between 17 June and 28 June, on Y Mornings with DJ Ankletap and The Best Drive with DJ Sabby, you could be called live on-air to choose a letter from the word T-Y-M-E-B-A-N-K.
Behind each letter will be a CASH AMOUNT.
If you are a TymeBank account holder, you may double your winnings.
You’ve got this!
This competition is now closed.
Below are the standard terms and conditions applicable to the TymeBank radio and digital promotion in association with YFM:
- This TymeBank competition runs on YFM from the 3 June up until the 28 June.
- Promos will flight on air for the duration of the campaign period and will encourage listeners to register their contact details on the YFM App or YFM.co.za in order to be chosen to participate in the competition.
- Promo messaging will also encourage listeners to open a TymeBank account, in order to stand a chance of doubling their winnings.
- During the 2 week competition execution period (starting 17June, ending 28 June), 1 entrant from the YFM App or YFM.co.za will be randomly selected to play live on-air in AM or PM drive.
- The participant will be given up to 2 chances to select a letter from TYMEBANK, and behind each letter there will be a rand cash value.
- If they are a TymeBank account holder at the time of the execution their winnings will be doubled.
- The winner will need to provide proof of banking details in order to confirm that they are a TymeBank account holder.
- The prize is not negotiable, and not transferrable.
- No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM within 60 days of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM.
- No person may on behalf of a third party, enter any competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM. All entries must be made personally by the entrant.
- The station’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No director of Yired (Pty) Ltd, employee at YFM and/or their agencies, and members of their immediate family; nor members of TymeBank enter this competition on YFM.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
- YFM undertakes to pay the winnings directly into the winner’s bank account.
- Winners of the TymeBank competition accept that certain other conditions may apply as prescribed by YFM and/or of TymeBank for this specific competition. Where there are specific terms and conditions in addition to these standard terms and conditions, such terms and conditions shall be listed under the terms and conditions of the specific competition.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- Entrants below the age of 18 (eighteen) should obtain their parents’ or guardian’s consent before entering the competition.
- By participating in any competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM, where entry is on-line, participants further agree to be bound by our Internet Terms & Conditions.
Beware of bogus callers & SMS notifications that say you’ve won with YFM. Here’s how you can check for bogus notifications:
- You will NEVER be contacted by SMS if you are a winner.
- Unless pre-arranged with you, YFM representatives will NEVER come to your office or home to say you’re a winner or to deliver a prize.
- The ONLY prize collection point from YFM is from the reception area of YFM, Dunkeld Crescent South West Block, 4 Albury Road, Dunkeld West ext 8, Sandton, 2196. Please NEVER agree to collect a prize from ANYWHERE else. Under exceptional circumstances and with management approval, prizes will be couriered to winners who live outside of a 50km radius of the YFM offices.
- If anyone phones to say you’ve won a prize in a YFM competition, make sure you entered it! If anyone calls to say you’ve won a competition you never entered with YFM, it is NOT one of our representatives.
- Our representatives will be able to quote you your ID number. If in ANY doubt, ask the caller for their name and the YFM switchboard number and phone the caller back. Any number other than 011 772 0800 means the caller is trying to trick you. If in doubt, you can call If in doubt, you can call Amu on 011 772 0828 or Yondela on 011 772 0824.
- If you are concerned that a bogus caller has contacted you, please store the number of the caller (if you have caller ID) and email it to email@example.com.