Win R1000 every week with ASISA Foundation L+EARN and YFM
Written by YFM on 21st Sep 2020
Your goal is to secure the bag, keep the bag, and grow that bag!
With ASISA Foundation L+EARN, learning how to grow your money could make you a winner.
Tune into Krunch with Khutso from Tuesday 22 September
Answer our questions about the the weekly topic below and you could walk away with R1000 to add to the bag you’re securing.
ASISA Foundation L+EARN, #SecureTheBag.
This week, we talk about credit do’s and don’ts.
Credit is an aspect of our financial life that allows us to buy goods and services with a promise to pay back later and to pay back with interest. Always check before taking credit if the item you are buying is a need or a want. It is not good practice to take credit for luxuries such as parties and entertainment. Before taking credit, always check the total cost you will be paying including interest and service fees. Check your budget and assess whether you can afford the repayments in your monthly budget. Once you have obtained credit, pay back on time and pay the minimum instalment indicated. Should you be battling with repayments, speak to the companies you owe and make arrangements. You may also seek debt counselling.
This week’s competition is now closed. Check back next week for another chance to win.
The Saver Waya Waya L+EARN Financial Literacy Programme is a consumer financial education programme for young adults at TVET Colleges and Universities. The objective is to equip students and young adults to become more financially capable in the context of preparing them for the world of work. It is brought to you by the ASISA Foundation in collaboration with the Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa.
- Competitions will take place once a week, during the L+EARN talk-show hosted on the Participating Stations contemplated below, starting on Tuesday 22 September up to 04 November 2020 (“Competition Period”).
- The competition is open to South Africans, who are resident in South Africa and over the age of 18. All winners will be required to submit a copy of their ID.
- Listeners will enter by sending an answer to the question for a particular week.
- The question will be announced on each station during the L+EARN talk-show.
- Entries are to be submitted by the entrant’s, they will complete their name, cell number, the correct answer to the question for the week on the YFM website.
- Entries will close at 12 midnight on the day that the relevant L+EARN talk-show happens.
- Winners will be chosen from all the correct answers submitted. Winners will be chosen at random (using a random number generator tool).
- Winners will be contacted by Grounded Media via telephone call, to notify them that they have won. For the talk shows that happen on Thursdays, winners will be contacted by Grounded Media on the following Monday and for the talk shows happening on a Tuesday and Wednesday, winners will be contacted by Grounded Media on the following Thursday.
- A Winner can only win once and will not be eligible to win this competition again during this Competition Period.
- Prizes will be R1 000 (one thousand rand) deposited into the winner’s bank account.
- Winners will need to supply their name, cell number, and copy of ID to Grounded Media.
- The winner’s prize will be processed within 21 (twenty-one) working days of required documents being submitted.
- The prize is not negotiable, not transferrable and cannot be exchanged.
- ASISA Foundation and Grounded Media’s will not be held liable for entries not received for any reason whatsoever and will not be responsible for network connectivity or hardware issues experienced while participating.
- If a winner chosen does not comply with the above terms and conditions, their entry will be disqualified, and a new winner will be randomly drawn.
- In the event that a winner cannot be successfully contacted, is ineligible to accept the prize, or contravenes the terms and conditions of this competition, the prize will be forfeited.
- The ASISA Foundation and Grounded Media reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The ASISA Foundation and Grounded Media’s decision on winners is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- No trustees, directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants of the ASISA Foundation, Grounded Media, and all participating radio stations nor their family members may enter. Any entry by one of these persons will be disqualified.
- Winners will be contacted for follow up monitoring and evaluation purposes by the programme’s independent monitoring partner.
- By entering this competition, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All queries can be sent to Daphne Neke Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org