Terms and Conditions
1. Below are the standard terms and conditions applicable to all competitions conducted/promoted partly or wholly by or associated with YFM.
2. No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM within 90 days of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM.
3. No person may on behalf of a third party, enter any competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM. All entries must be made personally by the entrant.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. No director of Yired (Pty) Ltd, employee at YFM and/or their agencies, and members of their immediate family; nor members of the sponsors of any competition on YFM, and/or any of their affiliated companies and/or agencies, and members of their immediate family, may enter any of the competitions hosted partly or in whole by YFM.
6. Prizes are not transferable and are not negotiable.
7. Subject to sponsor conditions/other agreements, YFM undertakes to deliver prizes to respective winners only where the winner’s delivery address is within the geographical area defined by YFM’s terrestrial broadcast/transmission. Winners resident or located anywhere outside of the YFM terrestrial broadcast/transmission area will be accountable for any costs incurred by the collection of any prize/s that they may win on YFM.
8. Prizes not collected/claimed within 60 days of being won will be disposed of at YFM’s discretion.
9. Winners of specific competitions accept that certain other conditions may apply as prescribed by YFM and/or the respective sponsor of the specific competition. Where there are specific terms and conditions in addition to these standard terms and conditions, such terms and conditions shall be listed under the terms and conditions of the specific competition.
10. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
11. Entrants below the age of 18 (eighteen) should obtain their parents’ or guardian’s consent before entering the competition.
12. By participating in any competition hosted partly or in whole by YFM, where entry is on-line, participants further agree to be bound by our Internet Terms & Conditions.
Beware of bogus callers & SMS notifications that say you’ve won with YFM. Here’s how you can check for bogus notifications:
13. You will NEVER be contacted by SMS if you are a winner.
14. Unless pre-arranged with you, YFM representatives will NEVER come to your office or home to say you’re a winner or to deliver a prize.
15. The ONLY prize collection point from YFM is from the reception area of YFM, Dunkeld Crescent South West Block, 4 Albury Road, Dunkeld West ext 8, Sandton, 2196. Please NEVER agree to collect a prize from ANYWHERE else. Under exceptional circumstances and with management approval, prizes will be couriered to winners who live outside of a 50km radius of the YFM offices.
16. If anyone phones to say you’ve won a prize in a YFM competition, make sure you entered it! If anyone calls to say you’ve won a competition you never entered with YFM, it is NOT one of our representatives.
17. Our representatives will be able to quote you your ID number. If in ANY doubt, ask the caller for their name and the YFM switchboard number and phone the caller back. Any number other than 011 772 0800 means the caller is trying to trick you. If in doubt, you can call If in doubt, you can call Amu on 011 772 0828 or Yondela on 011 772 0824.
18. If you are concerned that a bogus caller has contacted you, please store the number of the caller (if you have caller ID) and email it to email@example.com.